Strange Kaspersky message

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by infini, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. infini

infini Registered Member

I have Kaspersky Personal 5.0.372 installed on a Windows XP pc with SP2. Today i saw that the kaspersky icon in the taskbar has an small icon inside it , which was like an envelope and it was flashing. It sopped for some seconds and then it started again. I pressed the Kaspesky icon to see if this was a message but nothing happened. Has this occured to someone else?

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

It's because it's scanning mail, you can see more about the different types in the helpfile under "Application Interface". You should upgrade to version 5.0.388 btw. :)

3. infini

infini Registered Member

Strange, i don't use Outlook express and i didn't have any web based mail page opened.

4. TNT

TNT Registered Member

It flashes the icon whenever you connect to a server on port 110 (POP3). Doesn't matter if you use Outlook Express, Thunderbird or whatever.

You can try by:

telnet <your.pop3.com> 110

and you'll see it flashes. Chances is that you had a program doing an automated checking for new mail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.