Strange Happenings in IE

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by K0zani, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K0zani

K0zani Registered Member

I think I spoke too soon about having a secure (working pc, sighs). Lately, if i try to open another window, I get a blank page or not being able to open the actual site. Two windows pop up, and one is "scripts are usually sate, do you want to run scripts?". Hell no, I never want to run any script on a web page. I don't even click the no button, just the X. I figure one day some smart a......e will figure out how to configure that part yes/no to do it's dirty work anyways.

As well, if i try using my web based e-mail account, and delete any spam, the delete button does not work? Totally wierd! All the other buttons work fine on that site and I never had this problem till a few days ago. Not since I registered on the forum. I know I just jinxed my computer (cries!).

Thirdly, I tried linking to the M$ site to order the free Sp2 Cd and that worked fine, only when i went to the boxes, nothing showed up under language or country. The two as most of you know before the order box. In other words, I could not click off where I am or the language I use (and I know I speak english damn it!) to order it. I went to the main site, redid all the links and still nothing showing in the boxes. I even clicked the order button just to see if it would produce errors. Still nothing. Guess I am getting nothing for free from Daddy Gates this year! To think I was one of his favorite sons.

Fourthly, I ran S S&D (all updated first) and it found two rascals that I deleted. How they got in, I hav no idea since I have not been doing much of any surfing other then these forums and another one mentioned here (hangs head on that last mention). EvilEye (C\windows\iun6002.exe) and Search ForIt (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\internet explorer\activex compatibility\{c109664b-ceb1-420b-b353-d55a561536dd}. The CLSID is correct, I double checked it before posting. Then ran Adaware and nothing else was found. Still can not use the delete button in the e-mail web page. Wierd!

Everything is updated and scanned. So my q is, wtf? All joking aside, I would appreciate knowing if anyone else has encountered this and what they did to solve it. I do believe, it is time for that java and some pondering.

cheers ~ TIA.

K...

PS I am wondering if running too many anti-them-againstus programs is confubluzing the works. Which is part of a post for another day I am considering.

~ I remember a peacefull, sweet, and happy cartoon until Godzilla came along and stepped on Bambi! Being all that 'sweet,innocent and naive' doesn't stop the bullies from stepping all over you! What we all need is a techie spike which is sharp and large enough to pierce the other's 'computer feet' as it happens!~

2. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

SpyBot has been getting a little too aggressive lately. That "EvilEye" is nothing more than a SetupFactory install file. I also got that one yesterday for the first time, though I have had that on my system for weeks. Same goes for the other one. We may have installed the same program that used SetupFactory and it flagged two things related. That's my guess.

John
    Luv2BSecure

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi KOzani,

John's guess is probably right on about the "evileye" (the file iun6002.exe Spybot S&D is flagging) as possible false/positive. There is a thread at Net-Integrations on that one: http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=21950

The other one you've mentioned, Searchforit, is also a possible false/positive and it is advised not to fix that. Bubba has mentioned it in this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=46220 where there is also a link to a thread at Net-Integrations about it.

As for the delete buttons not working in your web-based mail, and Microsoft sites, you usually do have to have javascript enabled for all the drop-down menus and buttons to work properly, I know I had to have javascript enabled when I ordered the Sp2 CD, or the fields were unusable.

*Oh, you may also have to have Active X enabled for Microsoft sites, just like you do when you go to Windows Update site. For ordering the Sp2 CD, you can just set your IE settings to 'default', then order the CD, then once you are finished you can re-set IE settings to how you had it before.

Hope that helps a bit.

Regards,

snap

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
  4. K0zani

K0zani Registered Member

Thank you both for your reply,

I will give it a go and let you know. It happened with another anti-program and when I did a scan, it found All my Adaware downloads as having a keylogger. None of my other scans said anything when I did them, these where just freshly downloaded the day before from the author. Smacks head, duh! At least I have back up and can re-introduce those files back.

I did a update in that program the next day and it did not even look at my four Adaware downloads. Smacks head again, duh! It can be said for having a grain of salt to take when you do a scan. MInd you the title is appropiate for IE.. It can be strange at times.

Mucho Gracious Amigos!

cheers~

K......

PS. I understand better now about the active x stuff. just is, why only the delete button in that e-mail page?? All of the others work and you would think that more would not?

~no quote cause it was hijacked!~

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.