Strange Errors in Log

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by puff-m-d, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I have a schedule set up to do an incremental backup every three days at 3 am. These backups start and complete without any errors. That is the only operation that I have scheduled.

Every three days (on a different day than my sceduled backup), ATI tries to do another image at 2 am (different time than my scheduled backup). This operation is not scheduled and I can not stop it from happening. It errors on files/scripts that it can not find in order to complete. I do not want this to run. What can I do to stop it as it does not show in my schedule?

I have attached a screenshot of the log. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. puff-m-d

Here is a screenshot showing the task that is scheduled. As you can see, there is only one task scheduled, so why are two trying to run?

Attached Files:

3. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

I don't have an immediate answer to your problem but if that is the only scheduled task (incremental backup to Secure Zone) may I ask when do you do a full backup? If you never do a full backup then Secure Zone will become full with incrementals and you should get an out of space error. Your backups seem to have worked fine for a while and then you are getting errors. I wonder if you have filled the SZ but the error you are getting is not what I would expect.

4. puff-m-d

Hi pjb024,

No, the SZ is not full. I do get the out of space error and that is when I start again with a full backup. My SZ atm is not even half full.

So, any more suggestions from anyone?

5. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

I can't think of any reason why you would have a phantom backup and I can only suggest that perhaps you should try doing a 'repair' install and see if that helps. If that doesn't make any difference then maybe do a complete deinstallation and reinstallation. If the problem is still there after a reinstallation with the latest build then you should report it to Acronis.

On another related topic, I don't think it's a good idea to have one full backup and then do incrementals until you run out of space in SZ. That way, when you start a full backup following an out of space condition, you will have no valid backup to get you out of a mess if your drive (the one you are backing up) should fail before the full backup has completed successfully.

6. puff-m-d

That is when I do a backup to cd :D , when SZ is full, backup to CD and start the process over. That way I have a fairly recent CD copy just in the unlikely event that 2 drives fail at the same time ;) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.