Strange Errors in Log

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by puff-m-d, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I have a schedule set up to do an incremental backup every three days at 3 am. These backups start and complete without any errors. That is the only operation that I have scheduled.

Every three days (on a different day than my sceduled backup), ATI tries to do another image at 2 am (different time than my scheduled backup). This operation is not scheduled and I can not stop it from happening. It errors on files/scripts that it can not find in order to complete. I do not want this to run. What can I do to stop it as it does not show in my schedule?

I have attached a screenshot of the log. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. puff-m-d

Here is a screenshot showing the task that is scheduled. As you can see, there is only one task scheduled, so why are two trying to run?

Attached Files:

3. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

I don't have an immediate answer to your problem but if that is the only scheduled task (incremental backup to Secure Zone) may I ask when do you do a full backup? If you never do a full backup then Secure Zone will become full with incrementals and you should get an out of space error. Your backups seem to have worked fine for a while and then you are getting errors. I wonder if you have filled the SZ but the error you are getting is not what I would expect.

4. puff-m-d

Hi pjb024,

No, the SZ is not full. I do get the out of space error and that is when I start again with a full backup. My SZ atm is not even half full.

So, any more suggestions from anyone?

5. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

I can't think of any reason why you would have a phantom backup and I can only suggest that perhaps you should try doing a 'repair' install and see if that helps. If that doesn't make any difference then maybe do a complete deinstallation and reinstallation. If the problem is still there after a reinstallation with the latest build then you should report it to Acronis.

On another related topic, I don't think it's a good idea to have one full backup and then do incrementals until you run out of space in SZ. That way, when you start a full backup following an out of space condition, you will have no valid backup to get you out of a mess if your drive (the one you are backing up) should fail before the full backup has completed successfully.

6. puff-m-d

That is when I do a backup to cd :D , when SZ is full, backup to CD and start the process over. That way I have a fairly recent CD copy just in the unlikely event that 2 drives fail at the same time ;) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.