Strange email problem - could it be a trojan/keylogger...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by PhoenixWeb, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhoenixWeb

PhoenixWeb Registered Member

Hi

I noticed this problem a few months back, but just put it down to coincidence.

I get around 300 spam emails a day. I do have a spam filter, but as I am self employed I still check through my spam just to check there are no customer emails in the mix.

Now what I have noticed is I am receiving a couple of spam emails a day with subject lines very similar to emails I have sent. I initially put this down to chance, but recently I have sent a couple of emails with uncommon subjects, and then later that day I have received spam with similar subjects.

For example: I sent an email with the word Manhattan in the subject, and then shortly after I received spam with Manhattan in the subject. This has also happened with - Workrave, Vendetta (as in V for), K9, CSS, and also various names. It is only one or two emails a day, not a deluge or anything.

My security set up is: Antivir Personal Premium, BitDefender 8 (for manual scans) Commodo firewall, and CyberHawk. I did download Spyware Doctor and I used if for a couple of days, but it found nothing.

Could this be a trojan or a keylogger? Or do you have any other ideas? Any recommendations on anti-trojan software etc, or things to try, will be greatly received!

I thought I was pretty well protected, but there is clearly something fishy going on...

2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Hi PW

You could do a check with a-squared
    I don't know much about this software but it does get pretty good reviews.

Free version here
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/

3. Texcritter

4. PhoenixWeb

PhoenixWeb Registered Member

5. Texcritter

No problem, hope you get sorted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.