Strange backup failure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mhaxx, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mhaxx

Mhaxx Registered Member

From some days when I backup my HD at a certain time the process goes out without giving error messages: why?

I can't understand what's the reason of the exit and moreover I don't get any error!

Mhaxx

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Did you check the Windows Event Viewer and the ATI Log?

3. Mhaxx

Mhaxx Registered Member

No TI log!

About Windows Event I didn't check because I launch the bootable resque CD..

4. shieber

And you're saying it exits. . . at what point does it exit?

5. Mhaxx

Mhaxx Registered Member

I don't know: the backup is too long to stay in front of the monitor to check at which folder/file the TI stops the process..

The only effect I can see when I come back to my PC is that I see TI main window and no error message or result message as usual. It's very strange..

6. shieber

Unless you have a really huge drive, it shouldn't take a long time to do a backup. IF the backup takes a really long time and seems tomake no progress, this is a sign that it is retrying many if not all of it's read/write attempts because it's not able to read/write reliably onthat drive. Which means eitther the drive and/or motherboard or PC memory is bad -- unlikely -- or the linux drivers on the bootcd don't work with your hardware (very likely).

You can ocantact Tech support and theymight be able to find a a boocd that will work -- if so, they'll send you the iso to burn to disk. OR you can skp all that and try making a Bartpe or VistaPE disk.

7. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Are you saying that the backup used to proceed to completion successfully and now fails?

If so, what has changed? You are doing the backup from the Rescue CD, so Windows or Windows software cannot be the problem. This sounds like a hardware change.

Have you added any new hardware to the system since the last successful backup? Can you disconnect it and test the backup again?

Have you run CHKDSK /R on all the hard drives?

What version of TI and Build of the TI Rescue CD are you using?

Where are you storing the backup images?

What type of backup are you making? Full partition, Incremental, Data only?

8. Mhaxx

Mhaxx Registered Member

shieber: it can't be that kind of problem because both (my PC and the external HD I use to backup via USB) are okay.

jmk94903:

- no hardware change

- I use rescue CD as always

- Acronis®*True*Image*Home® version 10.0 (build*4.940)

- the backup images are stored into an external HD (by USB)

- incremental backup

Tonight I've done other tested and finally got an error: storing some video files (which are always the same!) it says:

E0040004: Failed to backup file or folder C:\Video\XVid\Xvid.ita.50..."
    Disk is full (0x40004)
    Tag: 0xC4A860A831317ED2

I really don't think the files are corrupted, on the other hand how could the TI check if they are or not? I think there could be an error on the HD of the PC where they are stored (I'll check with scandisk) or the external HD (for backup) is full, but it's strange.. it seemed free, maybe there is an error in the HD, I'm thinking to format the HD again.

What do you suggest?

Mhaxx

9. Mhaxx

Mhaxx Registered Member

I've performed a deep format of the HD and now the backup process can't work good!

I hope to have solved all the problem.. thanks to all.

Mhaxx

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mhaxx,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please clarify if the backup process now completes successfully?

If not, please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

11. Mhaxx

Mhaxx Registered Member

Now everything is right, thank you so much.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mhaxx,

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.