Stopping Hackers?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by HelpSecure, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelpSecure

HelpSecure Registered Member

Hey,

I am a newbie to most internet security issues and I hope that I am posting this in the proper area. My issue is that I have a start up website and I was wondering if there was a way to prevent hackers? Is there a way to stop hacking techniques such as Sql injection, cross-site scripting, brute force attacks, etc.?

I am somewhat familiar with web application firewalls and vulnerability scans.

Thanks

-HS

2. craigF

craigF Registered Member

Using coding best practices is a good way to start to prevent problems with your site itself. In addition, the webserver that will be hosting your site should be adequately patched. Using a tool like Nessus will help identify known vulnerabilities on your site. Finally, use complex passwords and/or multi factor authentication. These are just a few things that will help thwart malicious users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.