Stop Bubble Popups, how

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by AnthonyG, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Can someone please show me how to stop those annoying bubble popups from applications running on the task bar. I am really sick of them.

Thanks

2. dog

dog Guest

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Thanks but how do i use it,. i cant find where the program has installed to.

4. dog

dog Guest

There should be a folder (Powertoys for Windows XP) in 'all programs' under the start menu. ;)

or navigate to /Windows/System32 - where it's located.

or do a search for Tweakui.exe

HTH,

Steve

5. dog

dog Guest

Also - there is usually a way to disable those 'balloon alerts' from within whatever program you have an issue with

6. G-Force

G-Force Guest

7. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Likewise,

You could export the corresponding entry in the registry by a simple copy/paste of this line into your runbox ....
    regedit /e c:\balloontips.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced"

Go back to your runbox, type < c:\ > enter .... find/open balloontips.txt in Notepad and add on it's own line ....
    "EnableBalloonTips"=dword:00000000 .... doesn't matter where in the lineup (1 is enabled.).

Save as DisableBalloonTips.reg > all files. Now remerge that file by double-clicking or right click > merge.
    If memory serves correct, you'll need to re-boot for the changes to take place.

Special thanks to Pieter Arntz for this registry "export" lesson! :cool:

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.