Stop Bubble Popups, how

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by AnthonyG, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Can someone please show me how to stop those annoying bubble popups from applications running on the task bar. I am really sick of them.

Thanks

2. dog

dog Guest

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Thanks but how do i use it,. i cant find where the program has installed to.

4. dog

dog Guest

There should be a folder (Powertoys for Windows XP) in 'all programs' under the start menu. ;)

or navigate to /Windows/System32 - where it's located.

or do a search for Tweakui.exe

HTH,

Steve

5. dog

dog Guest

Also - there is usually a way to disable those 'balloon alerts' from within whatever program you have an issue with

6. G-Force

G-Force Guest

7. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Likewise,

You could export the corresponding entry in the registry by a simple copy/paste of this line into your runbox ....
    regedit /e c:\balloontips.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced"

Go back to your runbox, type < c:\ > enter .... find/open balloontips.txt in Notepad and add on it's own line ....
    "EnableBalloonTips"=dword:00000000 .... doesn't matter where in the lineup (1 is enabled.).

Save as DisableBalloonTips.reg > all files. Now remerge that file by double-clicking or right click > merge.
    If memory serves correct, you'll need to re-boot for the changes to take place.

Special thanks to Pieter Arntz for this registry "export" lesson! :cool:

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.