Stolen admin...

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by MrQuint, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrQuint

MrQuint Guest

Got a bit of a problem...
    I'm running on XP media center, yesterday after logging on I couldn't access Control Panel or any of the built in security options (such as windows firewall etc). All I got was a message saying "This option has been disabled due to security restrictions set on this computer, please contact your system administrator" o_O On my PC that would be me...but apparently not anymore?

I ran Panda titanium with the latest upgrade = no result.
    I ran Microsoft's own spybot = no result.

Anyone heard of this problem before, and what to do about it?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Do u have Spybot S&D installed?

If so, look under Tools>IE Tweaks and see if Lock IE control panel against opening within IE(current user) is checked.

If it is, when u try to go into Internet Options, u will get that message that u described.

snowbound

3. MrQuint

MrQuint Guest

Hmm, I'm not runnig IE. I'm running Firefox, but the Control Panel I was talking about is the Windows Control Panel...

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Oops sorry, just got through my first cup of coffee here. Thought i read IE in your post but was obviously mistaken. Just hang in there as i'm sure someone will come along with the solution u need.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.