still searching

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by INTOXSICKATED, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

i am still looking for a firewall that fits my needs. i recently switched from za to sygate, but am not totally happy with it. was thinking about trying kerio, but was just curious why it seems like nobdy is using version 4? in most posts, everyone still refers to version 2.XX as what they use. or am looking at the wrong fireall info? confused about tiny and kerio, did they merge or something? sorry for the stupid question.

2. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I'm currently enjoying a play with Outpost Pro.

Jimbob

3. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

err...
    questions.
    what is EXACTLY your requirement?
    why don't you trial the famous firewalls before you decide on one?
    answers.
    Initially there was Tiny/kerio 2x. Everyone loved it. Tiny went off in other direction. Kerio developed it further. Its beautiful. Kerio 4 was supposed to be better.. heart of 2x + app control... instead it was pretty shabby.... and still is [at least from the PRO users' gallery]. Tiny 6 is not for beginners.
    gotta go.
    sorry for short post... but that's all I know.

4. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

i'm just looking for a firewall that's easy to use, and is not totally rule based. i trialed many different ones a long time ago, but that was back before i really knew what i was doing. now that i at least have a clue, i'm ready to try something a morte advanced. i was mostly just confused by the whole tiny/kerio situation, but i think u answered it for me.

5. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.