Still Says Trial Software

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wildwestrich, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildwestrich

wildwestrich Registered Member

I had a trial version of True Image 11 on my computer. I ordered a full version in a box so I have a complete version.

I tried installing the disk from the box, it said I already had a newer version, so I had to remove the newer trial version. I then installed the version off the packaged disk. When I started the software it still said it was trial software?

I went to the Acronis site and registered the new S/N and downloaded the latest update (I was sure that would fix it). But after upgrading the boxed version when I start it, it still says to try it or buy ito_O? I can't find the button that says "I already Bought it!"

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong? I had no luck with the knowledge base.

Thanks,
    Richard

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

You have a contaminated install due to two installs. It is necessary to un-install a trial version prior to installing a paid version. You will need to un-install plus manually remove all remnants of the previous install.

Check the link inside Bodgy's signature via link below.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=194983#5

3. wildwestrich

wildwestrich Registered Member

Re: No Longer Says Trial Software

Grover H,

Thank you very much. I cannot believe how difficult the product is to remove. After spending 45 minutes removing the old program, I was able to install it as a genuine copy. Now I just have to apply the new build update and I am where I should have been 5 hours ago.

I anyone is thinking of downloading the trial software, then later purchasing the full product - Don't!

Thanks,
    Richard

4. MTX

MTX Registered Member

I did the following before installing the Full Paid Version:

1. Uninstall Acronis True Image 11 Trial Version

2. Ran CCleaner

3. Install the Full Paid version; running for the past 2 weeks with no problems.

5. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Richard,
    Any TrueImage update is a stand-a-lone product. It does not need a prior install to work.

6. CarolW

CarolW Registered Member

I had the Trial Version of True Image 11 Home installed, downloaded my paid version (about 9 hours on dial-up), and installed it right OVER the free trial - and I see no signs of difficulty at all. That was about 19 hours ago, and I've been using the (paid) version heavily much of that time.

So mine is working as well as if I'd uninstalled the free trial!

I was running chkdsk c: /f and then defragging C almost constantly, between major changes; maybe that had something to do with it? I suppose if I start seeing oddball things, I should then uninstall and then clean up and then reinstall. I also use CCleaner, in rather automatic mode; I don't understand it, really, but perhaps that along with chkdsk /f and then defragging (a fast defragger) is what allowed me to do this.

Sat, 22 Dec 2007 19:25:04

7. RT

RT Registered Member

I had TI 10 installed, paid for and downloaded what I was advised was the full version 11 (upgrade), and installed it. Or rather it didn't install, advising me after running for ages that the installation had been interrupted and that I should run the install again. Which I did. I was offered modify repair or remove. I chose to repair. The installer told me that the product had installed successfully. I ran the product and it seems to have got itself installed as a trial product. So following advice above I tried uninstalling it. After re-booting, I saw there was another TI in add/remove programs, so I tried uninstalling it. It crashed with a fatal uninstall error.

Having read other posts on this forum, and because I need to back up on a daily basis and know the back up will work, I just want to get back to version 10 which I know worked for me. How do I get rid of what is currently sitting in my add/remove programs so that I can re-install version 10, please? Is there anyway that will not take me hours? Do Acronis have an uninstall program that will actually uninstall? Any help gratefully received.

What a great way to start the new year. Well they do say, if it isn't broke don't fix it. Should have stayed with version 10. It was working.

TIA,
    RT

8. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Download and run the windows installer cleanup utility. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. Then delete the TI directories and re-install. This should get you back in business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.