Still running

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by JayTee, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

Greetings all,

Several questions:
    i) if I disable the protection, will PG be still running in the memory. Read somewhere that when I exit PG, it is still running...
    ii) PGFree does not provide Global Protection options in all the protected applications does it not? i.e. the explorer.exe can still install Global Hooks etc?
    Could have sworn I managed to change some of the Global Settings options when I was running PGFree. btw, I am a subscriber to the Full PG. Forgot to register it.
    iii) does PG work with firewalls that do filtering of user level process activity like Jetico or Tiny 6?

The reason I am asking is because my pc started to reboot itself after I tried to download an update for my anti-vius app - EZ AV 6.1.7. I have Jetico's latest beta on 28 Oct installed.The download couldn't download (sheesh, any other way of saying it?) and when I opened the text file in c:\Program Files to see the error (it was some query error) and closed it, my pc immediately rebooted. First time a txt file caused a reboot for me. PGFree was running at that time.

Upon rebooting, I disabled PGFree and tried downloading the av update again. Again it couldn't download and when I opened and closed the text file again, my pc rebooted again.

The dump was some memory error (The bugcheck was: 0x000000c2 (0x00000007, 0x00000cd4, 0x00730075, 0x81e25490))

Had no problems with running PGFree and Jetico for about 3 hours before everything became unstuck. So its back to Kerio 2 for me.

2. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

Ok. its a problem wif jetico not PG. cheers

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

No it will be disabled, if, however, you close the ProcessGuard GUI your protection is still enabled.

ProcessGuard should work OK with your firewall and AV

Correct none of the General tabs are available in the free version. Here are the differences:
    Note: The items in bold are the free version all are for the full version.
    Control application execution
    Protect applications from unwanted termination
    Protect applications from unwanted modification & injection
    Protect applications from unwanted viewing

Block new and changed programs
    Protect physical memory (prevent operating system vulnerabilities)
    Block Global Hooks (stops keyloggers and password stealers)
    Block unwanted driver/service installation (stops rootkit trojans)
    Block registry DLL injection (stops spyware such as CoolWebSearch)
    Secure Message Handling (protects applications from messages)
    Interface Lock (protects from malicious changes and other users)
    FREE technical support

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.