Still opened to BSOD ?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Nestor Fish, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nestor Fish

Nestor Fish Registered Member

Hello,

I've bought a new motherboard recently, and I can't install ESS no more. I installed/upgraded all my device's drivers, but it didn't help. NOD32 3 has no problem.

When services start during ESS install, a BSOD appears about NTKRNL32.EXE (I'll reverify this at home) NTOSKRNL.EXE. Windows loading will then end up on a BSOD, due to "multiple irp complete requests". I have to boot in safe mode and disable the 4 ESET devices listed in non-PNP devices to be able to logon. I didn't try to isolate which one is responsible for this.

So, are you still opened to receive any memory dumps -I think we're on approach to the final release...-, or do you have any piece of advice ?

Windows 2000 Pro SP4 up to date
    ASUS P5W DH DELUXE - BIOS 2302
    2Gb RAM
    Adaptec RAID 2100S

PS: Sorry for my english...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  2. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

I get the same BSOD with ESS for NTKRNL32.EXE, and also WANARP on occasion, but it happens only after time; sometimes hours. I also always get Firewall Config not loaded at startup but it appears to be a false error.

As a result, I have backed off to EAV which appears to mostly run flawlessly.

This may be a Win2K only issue since I haven't read of any XP/Vista BSOD's in a long time.

3. Nestor Fish

I just reinstalled my system, it crashed definitively when formatting my last partition (hd failure... in raid 10 o_O ). I believe I'll soon drop my adaptec 2100s before turning crazy. :mad:

I downloaded Windows Debugger, and will try and learn to use it along with dumps. From what's written about multiple_irp_complete_requests pb, it may be quite difficult to point its source, also given the fact that I'm quite tired...

edit: The debugger incriminate epfwtdi.sys ( epfwtdi+3b8d ) for the ESS install BSOD -IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL-, and ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!IopDeleteFile+17c ) for the windows start BSODs.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  4. Nestor Fish

The results of WinDbg :

5. Nestor Fish

So far, Windows will start after disabling only epfwtdi device. The driver testing tool verifier.exe ran flawlessly on IRQL checking with all drivers at once (I had first removed ESET's ones). Should I run it with other options ?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.