Sticky Password at GOTD

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chinook9, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

Just thought I'd post here that Sticky Password is at Giveawayoftheday.

I use LastPass, however, in the past I have read many good things about Sticky Password and it appears to be well maintained. One of its characteristics I like is that it comes with a portable version also.

2. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

I'd advise against stickypassword.

1) They charge for minor version revisions.
    2) They do not allow installation over other PC's, even your owned, second PC, such as a desktop/laptop combo.
    3) They 'dial-home' more than a password program should, even with update checks turned OFF.
    4) It 'checks' your passwords for being strong, and gives advice on changes. But when it does this is dials home.. Why? Highly suspicious.

To each his own, but I sold off my license, it was very problematic, and suspicious.

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

What's so great about a portable version when the LastPass extension works on portable browsers?

4. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

The above are absolutely not true. They never charge for minor versions. Can you prove this assertion only that they charge for minor versions?

Best regards,

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I'd want to see proof of any of those claims. I know that for the long while I used to use it minor updates were free, and I never had problems moving it to another machine.

6. aladdin

This is the same Password Manager bundled with Kaspersky Suite, as Kapersky Password Manager. And, Kaspersky is a very reputable company.

I bought Sticky Password as v2 and now I personally know the developer. Even the major versions were give FREE to me.

Best regards,

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

The Kaspersky Password Manager is based on Sticky Password with different graphics. However, Kaspersky updates for it are slow to non-existent, where if you go with Sticky Password it is cheaper to start with and minor updates are free. In my opinion is it the best offline solution and worth the money even if you missed the giveaway.

8. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

@bodhitree.
    That is a tremendous amount of self inflicted paranoia wrapped up in a small package.
    I dont use this program myself as i use lastpass.but i would sincerely like to know what your views on lastpass would be..?
    Also as another poster has stated this program is in some form incorporated into kaspersky and that is more than enough accreditation for the program so your comment would seem puzzling and factless.

9. aladdin

I whole heartily agree with you. I bought Sticky Password as v2. The developer/owner has been kind to me and given me all the major updates v3, v4, v5 and the latest v6 as FREE.

Best regards,

10. vojta

vojta Registered Member

If someone missed this offer, today you can get it for free at http://www.bitsdujour.com/

Still 21 hours and a half to go when I posted this.

And about this thread, it never ceases to amaze me the tolerance of this forum's admin towards a particular troll, liar and regular slanderer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.