Steve Jobs Resigns

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dw426, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Noooooo :'( I wish him the best in his fight against cancer :thumb:
    I also hope he will give some great tips to the new CEO Tim Cook, wich I agree will fit in very well as the CEO of Apple.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Oh I'm certain he'll be watching his baby like a hawk. Just the amount of respect the man has from his employees will ensure he gets his words in. I wish him well too.

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I sure hope so indeed! :(

5. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I was surprised he'd made it this long. It's a shame he's so ill.

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

It's just so difficult to treat pancreatic cancer, mostly because it goes for so long without symptoms, that once you do find it, it's pretty much too late. That along with all the complications that can occur, make it a very hard thing to deal with. I'm not speculating the man will drop in the next two months, but my guess is that it has just taken its toll on him and he simply doesn't have the energy or ability to be a 24/7 type anymore.

He really is very lucky he made it this far, most don't.

7. ABee

ABee Registered Member

My own speculation would be that the liver transplant is likely of higher concern/complication at the present time.

Either way, the man has some very serious health issues going on, no doubt about it.

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Well, that's what I kinda thought myself. That kind of cancer leads to so many various complications such as the liver issues. The new liver may very well have not "taken" to his system. There just isn't much that can be done that will make any long lasting improvement with that kind of cancer. No reason to give up on hope though.

9. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

My thoughts as well.

Hope he does get well soon.

10. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Well said.

From -http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/24/steve-jobs-the-patron-saint-of-perfectionists/-

and a very little bit about him at the start of this:
    -http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/24/steve-jobs-the-end-of-an-era/-

11. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

In some ways, Cooks is even more iron-fist than Jobs, so that part won't change much :D Whether he has that oft-used term "magic" Jobs has, I just don't know. I honestly don't follow Apple enough to say. He may turn out to be a Larry Page for all know, but good luck screwing with the company too much while Jobs is still kicking.

12. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Code:
    Godspeed, [B]Mr. Jobs[/B]!
    We’ll miss you on stage!

13. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Get well soon Steve & good luck for the future.

14. Technical

Technical Registered Member

My feelings with him. My father is with cancer too. It's a very hard disease to fight with :(

15. moontan

moontan Registered Member

i had a friend who died of pancreatic cancer at 44.

when you're diagnosed with one of those it is usually too late already.:doubt:

16. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

17. moontan

18. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

My thoughts and preys go out to Mr.Jobs and in hopes he dont stop fighting for every inch of life.Will can be a powerfull tool.

19. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/26/steve-jobs-apple-photo-resignation-ceo-sick/. Before you click, this is evidently a picture of Steve taken today. I would not normally post anything from TMZ here, but, if this actually isn't doctored, this man looks very rough. Take this picture as you may, it very well may not be accurate. I personally hope it isn't, otherwise, the situation looks very grim.

Edit: I may be guilty of poor judgement here. My doubts are growing that this picture is what it seems, unless Steve really is wearing extraordinarily baggy shorts (kilt maybe?). The body isn't weird, that's just what late stage cancer looks like. But whatever is on his legs is messing with me.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  20. moontan

my friend looked just like that 1-2 months before he passed away from the same thing.
    i don't think the photo is fake.

21. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

well bill gates was the first one to quit ;)

Microsoft is always the pioneer

any way i hope the next one is Good and maybe he will use new Policy regarding Apple Prices
    ^-^

edit: anyway i didn't know that steve is sick when i wrote this replay

I hope he heal Fast he is a syrian Hero

22. moontan

don't get your hopes up.
    there's no healing from this...

when you're diagnosed with pancreatic cancer you might as well start shopping for your coffin.
    by the looks of him, he's got no more than 2 months left.

23. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

He won't be healing, the only thing we can hope for is more time for him to be with us. Going by this photo though, which, after studying more, does seem to be legit, he doesn't have much longer. It's a sad thing to see, but it happens. Rich or poor, we all are going to go. In the end, money and power only buys a bigger grave.

Edit: You know, I have to wonder looking at this picture, how will he handle being chairman? I honestly don't know what kind of commitment to time it requires, but from his looks, he won't be at the company often. He's not the kind of guy to commit to something he can't though, so more power to him. I just have my doubts.

24. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

:'( :'(

No comment

25. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I dont think its fake, but one never really knows for sure. If it is fake it is a very cruel photo to publish by the photographer.

How cruel and unfair life can be but its a good reminder to get regular doctor check ups and blood work.

Actually my health is not so great any more, though I dont get sick other then a common cold,I have mid stages of emphyzema a progressive long term lung disease which will shorten my life.O well as forest gump said life is like a box of chocolates, you never know whatcha going to get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.