step by step

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by majk1701, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majk1701

majk1701 Registered Member

I'm pretty computer savy, but i just don't understand the whole process of imaging a hard drive. What i want to do is make a complete copy of my entire c: drive incase of falure, so all i have to do is just throw in a disk a restore it. Could somebody explain to me in simple terms how to do this? I want to backup to dvd if possible.

(2) hard drives

1-c:WD 250gb 2 partitions
    1-e:Seagate 40gb no partitions
    acronis true image 9.1 workstation
    windows xp home
    1.6ghz
    Lite-on DVD-RW 1633s

2. simusphere

simusphere Registered Member

Please note that imaging directly to DVD in acronis is not supported yet, as of build (6377). I can't wait till it is but until then you can do a search on bootable DVD for more info already documented on that subject. With that in mind, where do you plan to store your image to?

1. External USB drive
    2. Acronis Secure Zone
    3. Network Share
    4. Another Internal Hard Drive

Regardless of what option you pick the first step is to create a bootable rescue CD and test it out on your system. Read the users manual how to do this or click on help within acronis.

I usually set up the default split size for images to 1492MB. This is so the file size won't exceed the 2Gig limit on my fat32 USB drive. Do this through the Tools -> Options menu.

The rest of the process of creating the image is very straight forward and I am sure you can do it if you try.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello majk1701,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please disregard the post of simusphere as all current versions of Acronis True Image beginning with build 3625 can burn directly to DVDs. Please find take a look at this FAQ article.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please run Acronis True Image;
    -Choose Backup option;
    -Select DVD-ROM as Backup Archive location and then follow the wizard in order to create an image.

Please find the information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. simusphere

simusphere Registered Member

Yes, forgive me. I stuck my foot in my mouth on this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.