Stealth Kerio 4.2

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sweater, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    When I first installed Kerio 4.2 on my pc I just use the default mode and test scan in grc.com and sygate for stealth and it perfectly pass... but when I configured something and restart my pc and decided to return the settings to default again and test for stealth I was dismayed it failed. Whatever I do I could not make it passed the stealthed tests. How could it be? I could not make it stealth anymore. o_O :( :doubt:

I am a beginner pls help... :'(

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

What configuration changes did you make?

Regards,

CrazyM

3. probprince

probprince Registered Member

try going to Intrusions tab and make sure firewall is set to deny the high, medium and low priority intrusions. hopefully this helps. :doubt:

If you can at least remember which area you changed the settings in, it'll be much easier to help you out.

4. Syncman9

Syncman9 Registered Member

When you perform this test are you running any applications such as MSN, some applications allow incoming connections and as such Kerio will allow them if the application is running.

5. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I forgot what configurations I made, but I tried to reinstall it and use the default but still it could not passed the stealthed tests... so I tried to go back and install to Kerio 4.1.3 to tests it but still it failed all stealthed tests. :oops: o_O

What possible applications or programs that could make this kerio visible in the net and will fail in stealthed tests? :(

I even tried to deny almost all in Predefined network security leaving only the Domain Name System to permit coz I only use dial-up, but still it failed... :doubt:

6. Syncman9

Syncman9 Registered Member

When you say it failed, was that failed with open ports or failed with closed ports?

As for applications, it really depends on what you run on your PC, but P2P software requires incoming connections, some games do, MSN or Yahoo can allow incoming connections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.