Statistical...um...hesitancy

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Egg beta, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Egg beta

Egg beta Registered Member

Hi,

I've been a happy user of NOD32 for almost a year now and have had no issues or difficulties with the program at all, until the past few days. Ever since the launch of the present version I've been allowing it to send out statistical information which it has always appeared to do without a problem. It's still set to send out this info during updates but seems very hesitant to do so now, taking a minute or more to begin after updating or not sending it at all. I'm wondering if somethings got corrupted somewhere, and if so whether anything else maybe corrupted too.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. markr

markr Guest

I have also noticed that it seems to take a long time to send the statistical information. I do not know if this is a new problem but I believe that NOD32 is sending out packets that are too large. I keep getting ICMP Destination Unreachable/4 messages when NOD32 is sending stats. This ICMP message means that packet fragmentation is required but the (DF) do not fragment flag is on.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I don't have your problem. Maybe the cause is not NOD but elsewhere?

4. markr

markr Guest

It is quite clear that this problem is related to NOD32; however, it will not be obvious unless you are running something like Outpost Firewall. The ICMP messages only appear in Outpost's log file. The length of time that NOD32 stays connected to the network is also available using Outpost. Unless you are actually looking for this you will not see it. It may not even be a problem but it only occurs when NOD32 sends statistical information. I have turned off the sending of statistical information and no longer see the ICMP messages in Outpost's log file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.