State of the blogosphere 2011: Using social networks for self-promotion

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I have a question concerning security issues when blogging. Say I want to post a picture to a public blog from a file on my computer. Can that picture be traced back to my folder address, or not? Or will it simply show the name of the blog (Wordpress, for example)?

Thanks.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Maybe to your ip address.

Unless your computer is open to the world, folders will not show.

4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I'm no expert by any means but maybe the photo contains EXIF and geolocation data which can be read...that could be used to try to figure out more info about the source info of the image.

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

jjc225, Right Click on the original picture, choose Properties and select the Details tab. You'll see all the info attached to that picture. FYI, I'm using Win7 64-bit.

6. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

I noticed that with using Developer Tools, it looks like it may be possible to root out source code and to reconstruct the name of the folder the picture was contained in. I would not want any of that information to be known as folder names have info about the computer user and so forth. I am playing it safe and posting no pictures from my own computer. If I can provide a link to a picture located somewhere on the web, I will do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.