Startup?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by oscarcpa, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oscarcpa

oscarcpa Registered Member

****@netzero.com

When I first installed SpywareBlaster I believed it would self-start every time I logged on, but it didn't seem like it was (still kept getting quite a few problems when I ran Ad-aware). I then put SpywareBlaster in my startup folder so now I know it does start and is functioning, but it also opens up on my desktop and has to be manually closed. Not a big deal, but any way I can make it start up when I start my computer and have it run minimized in the system tray so I know it's up and running?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2004
  2. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

well, when i installed it it placed a icon on the desktop. and when i opened the prg, by clicking the icon it opens up. i made my selections enabled all protection went online and used the manual updater. once your updated and all protection enabled thats all you have to do. it automatically runs each time you boot up. you dont have to do anything else apart from periodically checking for updates nad installing them. thats it. pretty easy. the only problem i had was addressed by javacool in a thread about doing the manual updates. mine would go thru the motions say i got them but still display julys date. until just last week i didnt think nothing of it till i got on here and found that javacool's thread. i followed the instructions by downloading the 5 dtb files and then you just overwrite them in the blaster folder . once thats done run the updater again. and i have the current updates as of now. i really want to acknowledge javacool for that link. its here on the forum. i beleive its trouble shooting and tips. good luck

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

4. oscarcpa

oscarcpa Registered Member

Thanks, Bubba. I knew you didn't have to have it minimized for it to run- it clearly told me that when I tried to do so- but still thought it had to re-start on every boot-up. Appreciate you setting me straight.

5. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

once your updated and all protection enabled thats all you have to do. it automatically runs each time you boot up. you dont have to do anything else apart from periodically checking for updates nad installing them. thats it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.