Startup Recovery Manager

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by caml light, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caml light

caml light Registered Member

Hi guys, do you know if Paragon Drive Backup products have a feature similar to the "Startup Recovery Manager" of Acronis?

Thank you in advance!

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

I am unfamiliar with all of Acronis' features, please clarify.

3. caml light

4. Paragon_Matt

The closest to that with Paragon would be our Backup Capsule, which will give you the ability to install an F-key to be booted before the system is booted, and has a management utility, but it needs to be installed on the OS drive.

5. caml light

So, isn't activable using a bootable Acronis disk?

6. Paragon_Matt

Do you mean Paragon recovery disk?

7. caml light

yes, sorry! Paragon bootable recovery disk.

8. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Unless things have changed, the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager only is useful if the OS does not load. If your HD is dead or damaged it does nothing for you since it needs to access the disk contents.

It also modifies the MBR which may or may not be an issue. This can cause conflicts with other programs that modify the MBR.

IMO, the need to use this should be very rare and it is not much of a time difference to bootup the recovery media especially since it is going to take minutes, not seconds, to do a restore with either case.

9. caml light

Thank you, anyway is it possible to do it with Paragon products?

10. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Look at "Restoring a hard disk from the bootable Backup Capsule" on Page 138 of the Backup & Recovery 12 Home user manual. I don't know if it applies to the Free version.

It looks very similar to the Acronis method but you have to somewhere make the backup capsule bootable. That's all I can say about it, I've never tried it since I have no interest in it. I use the program in its absolute simplest manner since I'm not looking for "clever" if I have any PC problems.

11. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

In addititon to the Paragon Backup capsule Matt mentioned, you can also add Paragon Linux based, or winpe based recovery media to your windows boot menu.

The easiest way to do that is with Easybcd - community edition (free)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.