Startup Recovery Manager Wizard

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mef0454, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mef0454

mef0454 Registered Member

J use Acronis 11 on my NB HP6735s with SO => WinXP-SP3.

J have recently activate "Startup Recovery Manager Wizard" and after
    J rebooted my sistem.

This started with the message "MBR Error 2" without to show me the message about the presence of Manager Wizard and use of F11.

What can J do to eliminate the error message and to see the right message, about the Recovery Wizard already activated, when booting my aforesaid notebook ?

Thankyou for the help

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mef0454,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

You should deactivate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. There are two ways to do it:

1) You can remove Acronis Secure Zone (boot the system from Acronis Booting Rescue Media, start the Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard and select Remove Acronis Secure Zone).

2) You can Fix MBR.

Please repair the MBR (Master Boot Record) of the hard disk using one of the following methods:

- boot from Installation Disc (CD) into Recovery Console and run "fixmbr" command.

If you experience problems using the above solution, then please download special Acronis utility from here. Use it to create a floppy and boot the machine from the floppy.

If you prefer to a fix MBR using a CD, then please download special Acronis utility from here . Use it to create a CD and boot the machine from the CD.

You can find more information on how to burn an ISO image to a CD at:

here and here

The MBR will be rewritten once you boot the computer from the created media and confirm that you want to fix the MBR.

Boot into Windows. To make Acronis Startup Recovery Manager functional, please make sure that you are using the latest build of Acronis True Image 11 Home (#8101). If not, download and install the latest build and re-activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager.

Also, you can use Acronis Booting Rescue Media instead of Acronis Startup Recovery Manager.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. mef0454

Thank you Oleg for the clear suggestion.

But, before operating according your instructions, J need to update my TI Build.
    Actually J use Build #8053 and J have already registered my TI with serial key (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX), neverthless it result yet impossible for me to download the update build #8101 from Acronis site as you said in the reply.

How can J do to download this update ?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
  4. Acronis Support

Hello mef0454,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

After registration you can download the latest build of the program from My Account -> Registered Products. If you experience any difficulties please send me your serial number via PM and I will provide you the link for the latest build.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. mef0454

Problem to validate/restore backup made with Acronis 10

Thank you for the help: problem solved.

Now J experienced new problem with my old backups made with Acronis_10.
    These backups result impossible "Validate" or "Restore" with my new
    Acronis_11 (Build: 8101).

There are valid and easy solutions to solve these incompatibility ?

Thank you for the help.

6. Acronis Support

Hello mef0454,

Please try to validate the archives under Acronis Booting Rescue Media created by means of Acronis True Image 11 Home. Also, please try to mount or Explore the archives from within Windows and let us know the results.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. mef0454

J did all you suggested with last thread.

Results:
    - impossible to validate backup_archives created under Acronis_10 using Acronis Booting Rescue Media created by means of Acronis True Image 11 Home;
    - impossible to mount (J mean 'RESTORE') afore mentioned bckps using Windows but easy instead to explore them.

That's all J did.

Waiting other solutions.
    Thank you

8. Acronis Support

Hello mef0454,

You can try to retrieve the necessary data using Acronis True Image 10.0 Rescue CD or you can install Acronis True Image 10.0 Home back and try to mount or restore the image. If this doesn't help, the issue is related to the backup file corruption instead of product version incompatibility.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.