Startup Recovery Manager doesn't load :(

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Thorz, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

I am on TI 8. I have used the Startup Recovery Manager in my laptop before and it works fine there, but in a new machine it doesn't want to load. This is an Asus K8S-MX board with an AMD Sempron 2800+, latest BIOS.

Startup Recovery Manager just stays in the screen telling PLEASE WAIT... but nothing happens.

I have a CD made with the Create Bootable Rescue Media and it doesn't load either if I use the FULL option, but it loads with the SAFE option and I can access the Acronis Secure Zone without problems and restore.

Does anybody have any input for me here? I like to use the Recovery Manager, not CDs, this is one of the biggest reason why I use TI.

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Thorz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest (826) build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the problem persists with the CD created with the latest build please boot your computer from this CD and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and wait till the output stops. After that please write down several last strings of the output or take shots of the output with digital camera and send this information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.