Startup Recovery Manager can't see secure zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ky john henry, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky john henry

ky john henry Registered Member

Startup Recovery Manager

:'(
    I have been running TI home 11 and was having a problem with the startup recovery manager could not see the acronis secure zone at boot. I figured it was not compatible with XP SP3 so I upgraded to TI 2009 and love it but it has the same problem. I have uninstalled it three times and still the same problems! Version 11 worked fine for a couple of years and 2009 is doing the same thing. Also if I save a backup file on drive D and use startup recovery manager, it sees Drive D as a CD drive with no disk inserted. The secure zone including backup on it and on drive D too, show up fine in the windows environment but not in the startup recovery manager. I have just uninstalled TI2009 and went back to to Acronis True Image Home 11.8101. it installed fine and said it made a backup, but it won't restore either.
    Does anyone know what I need to do?
    Thanks
    ky john henry

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ky john henry,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

I suggest you to install Acronis True Image Home 2009 again. Re-create Acronis Secure Zone by means of the latest version and re-activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. Please make sure that you are using the latest build of the program (build #9709). If not, download it from our web site.

I suppose you selected your CD-ROM that has D drive letter within Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. Acronis Startup Recovery Manager uses Linux environment, the naming convention of which is different from Windows. Try identifying the drive or partition you need by size or label.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. ky john henry

:)
    Oleg
    I did try all of the things that you suggested and to no avail! Either version, 11 or 2009, would not see the asz partition. I removed and reinstalled both versions a total of 3 times, but no solution. I did notice the different drive letters in the Linux envirement.
    I tried to do a windows XP repair and the repair could not find xp anywhere on my hard drive so I went and bought a new hard drive and reinstalled everything and life is great now! I had needed to do a clean install for a couple of years but have been taking the easy way out!
    TI 2009 installed and restored from asz back up and DVD back up in a timely fashion. I always install large programs on drive D instead of C and my total size of drive C: is 2.66GB so the restore went rather quickly!
    I really like the new interface of 2009 over version 11, but I noticed the “snap” restore option was not in 2009!

Thank you for the reply, True Image 2009 is a great, “must have” piece of software!!!

Ky john henry

4. Acronis Support

Hello ky john henry,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

It is abnormal that you are unable to see Acronis Secure Zone from within Acronis Startup Recovery Manager interface. Please let me know if you want to give the issue a closer investigation, I will create a case for you.

And what about Acronis Booting Rescue Media? Does it run flawless for you? Actually, if you have a completely functional Acronis Booting Rescue Media, you don't need Acronis Startup Recovery Manager, ASRM can cause boot issues if you perform the operations that modify MBR.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. ky john henry

Oleg
    Boot disk, Acronis Startup Recovery Manager and operating system are all running flawless now! Guess I just needed a fresh install of Windows XP!

There will be no reason to create a case file me, but thank you anyway!
    ky john henry

6. Acronis Support

Hello ky john henry,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to know that the program doesn't bother you now.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.