Startup Programs and Delayed Start

Discussion in 'polls' started by emmjay, Jun 4, 2014.

?

Which programs do you chose to disable or delete from Startup Programs and which ones do you move to

1. System Related

47.1%
  2. Security programs

11.8%
  3. Manufacturer supplied

76.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

There are many programs that are startup programs. Be they system related, security programs, manufacturer supplied or those you chose to install yourself. Many must be there and should not be messed with, however you can disable or delay the start of others. What influences you to do this?

oops! my question did not finish. This is the rest of it.
    .... to Delayed Start

NB: My system startup has always been quick. Of late the system freezes for about 10 seconds and I think it may be EMET. I am considering sending it to delayed start. However, not sure if this is the right thing to do. I have WinPatrol and have already disabled WD Quickview.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  2. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

System Related and Manufacturer supplied : security softwares must start as soon as they can ;), I have not other programs that need start up or delayed start, except the software for switch the background.

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I don't delay any, my computers are fast enough for their OS to automatically manage startup. I do disable some unnecessary bloat using the program settings instead of a startup manager.

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

None.
    I just let them all load.

5. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I have 3 things set for auto startup: cpf, SbieCtrl, & DefenderDaemon.

Everything else I disable, with no ill effects.

I don't delay start anything.

6. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

I use Sysinternals Autoruns, and disable as much as possible without breaking anything.

Nvidia and Intel both now use Services to run their unnecessary software. Where possible, I install drivers via Device Manager to avoid installing software packages that come with drivers.

I only have 4 third party autoruns (Logon), and all are necessary to me.

7. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I disable everything including majority of services and most of the Windows scheduled tasks except Logitech Setpoint, a controller for my mouse and keyboard.
    I do not like running anything in background, that does not have to, besides I need every bit of resources to run a browser and games as smoothly as possible.

Attached Files:

8. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

The only things I have on my startup list are:

cfp (Comodo Firewall/Defense+)
    SbieCtrl (Sandboxie)
    DefenderDaemon (ShadowDefender)

And currently Shadow Defender is unchecked, as I'm making some changes lately.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.