Startup problems with version 8.0.796

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by russellb, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russellb

russellb Registered Member

Hello All,

I recently updated my TrueImage software from v.8.0.786 to 792 (I think), no problem. Then I updated to the most recent release of 796.

Now I notice that when using the bootable-CD, (or when the computer reboots in order to restore the active partiton) it takes between 60 and 90 seconds for the start screen to appear. During this time, the 'Loading, please wait...' message remains on the screen.

With the previous revisions it only took 15 seconds for the start screen to appear.

This happens on three different computers. However, on my newest one an additional message appears beneath 'Loading, please wait...'. After a few seconds I get 'hub.c: connect-debounce failed, port 1 disabled', although the program eventually starts and works ok. I would hazard a guess and say this message is a false alarm because on my new PC I have a SATA HDD using one of two SATA ports, 0 and 1. I suspect the program is complaing about the unused port 1. Am I right?

As a result, I am currently using my 8.0.786 Boot-CD for 'offline' backups and restores.

I also have an old Pentium-I 233MHz PC on which v796 Boot-CD never actually starts (or might eventually if I am prepared to wait long enough). For this poor old ailing machine I am still using version 6.0.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the latest (796) version? And does Acronis have an answer or workaround?

-RussellB

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RussellB,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Both bugs you have described are known and will be fixed in the future builds. If the problem with USB doesn't affect the functionality please disregard this message.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello RussellB,

Check out this previous thread titled <TI 8.0(796) vs (791): TI boot time MUCH longer?>. Agreed that build 786 booted quickly but on my system both build 791 and 796 take 60 seconds. I've accepted this increase on the basis that each boot disk progressively contains more/newer device drivers and therefore probably carries out more detailed hardware analysis/initialisation.

Regards

4. russellb

Hello Ilya,

Many thanks for such a quick response! I will go on using v.8.0.786 Boot-Cd for offline working for the time being.

There doesn't seem to be any problem with functionality by using a previous build, even with my SATA drive (there seem to be some issues reported elsewhere with SATA, but maybe it depends on the motherboard?).

We await the next release...

Incidentally you may wish to copy and paste this next bit into a separate posting: it may be a handy tip for others

"I have three networked PC's. One of these is used as an Internet Gateway and DHCP server for the others. If you want to do an offline backup on the DHCP server, or you want to restore a messed-up system partition to it, you will find that you can't access your network. UNLESS that is, you do this: Go to 'Tools' then 'Options'; expand 'Network Adaptors' in the new window, then select 'eth0'. Now manually enter your usual gateway IP address for your LAN (normally 192.168.0.1) and the mask. You will then be able to access and browse your network for stored images of your system partitions."

Regards,
    RussellB

5. anon_and_on

anon_and_on Guest

Only the "latest" build 796 takes longer here...

IMO 60 seconds is "unacceptable". WinXP doesn't take that long to boot on my system, and it scans for changed/new devices on every boot. Using the above logic, could we then anticipate future builds to take even progressively longer ?? I think not..

I am pleased to see that Acronis is working this issue.

6. russellb

Hello Menorcaman,

Thanks for that thread link - didn't spot that one. Acronis support have already replied, I have pasted it here:

"Hello RussellB,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputin...ucts/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Both bugs you have described are known and will be fixed in the future builds. If the problem with USB doesn't affect the functionality please disregard this message.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman"

Regards,
    RussellB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.