Startup Problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by JeremyW, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyW

JeremyW Registered Member

I have a start-up problem with EAV 5: On cold start some of my task-bar toys don't load. All load on subsequent reboots. Disabling EAV corrects this. As this never happened with EAV 4, I'm wondering why / what I can do to prevent this without disabling the start-up scan completely. Or could the new 'Log Maintenance' task be holding things up...??

(Win 7 Pro x64)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you mean that real-time protection or the startup scan tasks need to be disabled to prevent the issue from occurring?

3. JeremyW

JeremyW Registered Member

Thanks Marcos. Actually, :oops: , all I've done so far (today) is disable Log Maintenance and the issue has not re-occurred on cold start. My theory was simply that it was a 'new / different' scheduled task that wasn't there in v4 so I tried that first. I have start-up scan set to run every time the machine is actually switched on (rather than User Logon) whereas I normally only let the start-up scan run 'the first time each day the machine is started'. So far so good, although I'm not sure I understand why disabling Log Maintenance would cure the problem, especially as it's not due to run until 02:00 hours tomorrow. Any ideas? Sorry if that's all a bit vague.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.