Startup Problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by JeremyW, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyW

JeremyW Registered Member

I have a start-up problem with EAV 5: On cold start some of my task-bar toys don't load. All load on subsequent reboots. Disabling EAV corrects this. As this never happened with EAV 4, I'm wondering why / what I can do to prevent this without disabling the start-up scan completely. Or could the new 'Log Maintenance' task be holding things up...??

(Win 7 Pro x64)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you mean that real-time protection or the startup scan tasks need to be disabled to prevent the issue from occurring?

3. JeremyW

JeremyW Registered Member

Thanks Marcos. Actually, :oops: , all I've done so far (today) is disable Log Maintenance and the issue has not re-occurred on cold start. My theory was simply that it was a 'new / different' scheduled task that wasn't there in v4 so I tried that first. I have start-up scan set to run every time the machine is actually switched on (rather than User Logon) whereas I normally only let the start-up scan run 'the first time each day the machine is started'. So far so good, although I'm not sure I understand why disabling Log Maintenance would cure the problem, especially as it's not due to run until 02:00 hours tomorrow. Any ideas? Sorry if that's all a bit vague.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.