Startup for Unscheduled Backups?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by derfsch, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derfsch

derfsch Registered Member

Hi All, .......... New to Acronis PC Backup & Recovery. I'm trying to get familiar with Acronis True Image Home 2009, Version 12.0.9646 in preparation to installing a second Sata hard drive. So far I have succeeded with some of the tasks on the Welcome Screen, but have been completely stopped in trying to Backup Data to my existing hard drive. This process involves the destination E: partition from files on the C: partition and where I prefer to run the task Manually. These attempts have formed a list of failures on the last screen, the Task and event log. The previous screen of the Backup Wizard has a check mark in "Run task now." Clicking the Proceed button produces no activity. Checking the destination folder on the E: partition shows that nothing has been added to it.

It is possible that I'm doing something wrong so if anyone can see what it might be I would welcome your suggestions.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello derfsch,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Please note that if you are an owner of the English version, the latest build of the English version is #9709. We always recommend to use the latest build. Please see the article on how to obtain it.

If you use, for example, the German version, build #9646 is the latest one for now.

Back to the issue.

Please download and install Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service, the link is available here. Reboot the computer, re-create the task and see if the issue remains.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. derfsch

Support,

Thank you for the reply. While waiting for help I downloaded and installed the latest build, #9709, so now my True Image is up to date. Even with the update I'm still having difficulty Backing Up folders and files. I would welcome a tutorial which moved away from disk to disk backups to discussing backing up folders or files.

4. scook52

scook52 Registered Member

I am having the same problem. The scheduled tasks are not showing up when looking at the Tasks and Log. The scheduled tasks are running, but i have no way to edit them if needed.

I did download the Schedular patch, rebooted and recreated the schedule tasks. They still do not show up.

They are not showing up in the calendar either. Should be blue.
    Steve

5. Acronis Support

Hello scook52,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

It appears that the scheduler service has been installed improperly. Could you please do the following:

- Download the file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following commands in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr task zap
    schedmgr service stop
    schedmgr service uninstall
    schedmgr service install
    schedmgr service start

This should delete all Acronis tasks on the PC. You should manage your tasks from the scratch.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

6. derfsch

Oleg Lee,

I followed your advice and all I can say is that I see an improvement. Not complete, but the remaining problems could be to my inexperience. One thing that did bother me after downloading the "scheduler" files was that at its conclusion I saw at the bottom of the screen something about zero (0) bytes. But so far I have been able to get Backups of various folders and files using "One time"(?) and then clicking on "Run task now" and then clicking the Proceed button. Thank you for your help.

7. scook52

Acronis,

I've done as you requested. The scheduled tasks now show up as unscheduled tasks. I deleted those and recreated new tasks. They are still not showing up. The schedule is weekly on M, T, W, Th, F. The days in the calendar remain white, not blue.

If i do the schedmgr process again, the tasks will show up as unscheduled again.

I did do a restore on this computer. I can't remember if i checked to retain the disk signature or not.

You think this had anything to do with it?

Thanks for your help
    Steve

8. Acronis Support

Hello scook52,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Products

What is the exact title of the program and the build number (help -> about)? Have you tried to edit unschedule tasks and set schedule tasks again? Any changes?

Try to do the following. All your schedule tasks are saved in a file by the following directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts
    Delete all scripts in this folder then recreate tasks and see if the issue persists.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

9. scook52

Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build 9,709.)

The scheduled tasks are set up for every weekday. The scheduled tasks are showing up now sometimes. I will start the program, the tasks are there. I will start the program and they are not there. When the tasks show up, i can right click in the tasks and event log - bottom window, refresh, the tasks will disapear. When the tasks show up, i can click on one of the dates in the calendar that is blue, the tasks will disapear and all calendar dates in blue change back to default (black on white).

I moved the scripts to my desktop, created another task, the task is not showing up, the script is there though. I tried closing and restarting the program 10 times, the task does not show up.

I deleted the new script, copied the original scripts into the scripts directory. I restart the program 3 times. On the third time the tasks show up. I closed and restarted again, the tasks are not there. I restarted three more times before they showed up again.

As of now, i will be able to get the tasks to show up, and am able to edit them if needed. I just wish they would show up all the time.

I know this is bizarre.

Thanks for your help.

10. Acronis Support

Hello scook52,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

If you haven't updated the scheduler service by running a batch file, please download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service. The link is available here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed. The utility will automatically update the service. Reboot the computer and re-create the task. The issue should be resolved.

Otherwise, please let me know your e-mail address via PM, I need a couple of diagnostic files to troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.