Startup Applications

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Conure, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conure

Conure Registered Member

Hi,

I installed TI V8, build 937 and now have (2) new startup programs:

schedhlp and trueimagemonitor

What do these do and can I disable them?

I can't find any mention of them in the help file and see no way to turn them off from within the program. I distrust software which places programs in startup without informing the user.

Thanks

2. dld

dld Registered Member

This question was answered by Menorcaman here.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Conure,

Please see the information about these services:

schedul2.exe -- Acronis scheduling service
    This service is started on the computer startup and remains active until the computer is turned off. It is used by Acronis software to start scheduled tasks. Note that, Acronis True Image 7.0 always schedule image creation tasks, even if you start the "Image creation" operation. Thus if you stop Acronis scheduling service, then you loose the ability to create images in Windows.

schedhlp.exe -- Acronis scheduling service helper
    This program monitors the logons and logoffs in the running system and notifies Acronis scheduling service about them. It is started when a user logs into the system and terminates when the user logs off. Acronis True Image 7.0 uses this program to schedule tasks on user logon/logoff and to run non-scheduled "Image creation" operation.

TrueImageMonitor.exe -- Acronis True Image Monitor
    This program provides the interface between running Acronis True Image tasks and the user. It allows observe the tasks progress and cancel the running tasks. It is started when a user logs into the system and terminates when the user logs off. This program is not required by Acronis True Image to perform its tasks, and can be terminated if you think it occupies too much memory, but you will loose the ability to control running Acronis True Image tasks.

Hopefully answered all your questions well. If you have further issues, please feel free to contact us again.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. mathieulongtin

mathieulongtin Registered Member

Is this true of TI8 as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.