startop recovery (f11) hangs during boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by maverick193, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maverick193

maverick193 Registered Member

hi, i'm using an acer travelmate 4650 and when i want to boot to acronis using f11 i just get a black screen and the system hangs.

I'm thinking its the hd that acronis can't find, maybe because it's a sata one (i think). Is there any way i can resolve this issue?

i'm using acronis true image workstation.

regards

K.V.T.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello maverick193,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3718 ) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please uninstall (Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image) any the previous version/build of Acronis True Image prior to the installation of the latest build.

After that please activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager once again. To do so, click "Activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager" and follow the Wizard’s instructions (check Chapter 3.4 "Acronis Startup Recovery Manager" of the Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide for details).

If the issue persists, please try to do the following:

- Reboot the computer;

- Hit F11 key when the "Press F11 for Acronis Startup Recovery Manager" message appears;

- When the selection screen appears hit F11 key once again;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add "acpi=off noapic" parameter (without quotes) to the end of the Linux kernel command line (so it will be "quiet acpi=off noapic");

- Click OK button and select to boot into the full version of Acronis True Image.

If the issue still persists, please create Acronis True Image Bootable CD (Chapter 10. "Creating bootable media") boot from it and create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Also create Acronis Report as it is described in the same Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.