Starting TI 8 Causes a Reboot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Dopey Duke, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dopey Duke

Dopey Duke Registered Member

I just tried running Acronis TI 8 for the first time on a computer on my small home network. Each time it starts analyzing it runs for maybe 3 seconds and the computer goes into a reboot. This computer is used by my wife who runs it with Standard User rights but I have set all drive partitions for Shared so I can monitor and exchange files with it from my personal computer.

The computer is running Windows 2000 Professional, SP 4 with all current updates. It's on a network and I have Zone Alarm Pro latest edition along with the latest Trend Micro PC Security suite running (not using Trend firewall).

The computer has just recently been wiped and all apps reinstalled. Other than the problem with TI 8 the computer runs beautifully. I want to image it now to preserve a copy of the good system. Has anyone seen a problem of this nature? If so please share the solution.

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dopey Duke,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Also please try to reinstall Acronis True Image.

If it doesn't help do the following in order to enable mini-dumps.

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;
    - Go to Advanced tab;
    - Press Startup and Recover Settings button;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Then please reproduce the problem and send the mini-dumps created to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Dopey Duke

Thanks for the quick response Ilya. After I posted and before I got your message I tried an uninstall.

The uninstall went into the drive analysis routine and analyzed the C and D partitions of the hard drive then it started analyzing the E partition. That caused the computer to reboot and of course the uninstall was unsuccesful. Just to see where the program fails when I try to run it, I went back and tried to run it again. I watched and it also is failing on the anlalys of E drive.

The E partition uses 29.3 Gigs on the 120 Gig Western digital drive. It is formatted NTFS as are all other partitions. The few folders on the partition are only using .3 Gigs. Only one folder is anything out of the ordinary. That is the MSOcache folder where Office 2003 backs up its installation files. The other folders are small minor 3rd party applications.

I just checked and found tha I have Build 768 from my CD so I don't have the latest Build. I will now download the latest one from the site and install it. I will post my results here as soon as I am finished.

Thanks

4. Dopey Duke

I just loaded the latest build and it fixed the problem. Thanks again Ilya.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dopey Duke,

Glad to hear you have solved the problem. If you encounter any further problems please feel free to describe them here.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.