Starting and Running

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Jado54, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jado54

Jado54 Registered Member

When I decide to run TDS3 (full edition) in a scan mode should I disable NOD32, Ewido, PG, spyblaster, or ZA?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Jado54, If you suspect you have malware you can run a full system scan whilst in Safe mode by pressing F8 quickly just before windows loads then running TDS3 with all scan options enabled.
    In normal mode NOD will be the first to show an alert when TDS3 opens a file to scan if NOD already has definitions for a particular Trojan.
    If you enable TDS3'S Execution Protection then Trojans will not be allowed to run.
    Remember that Execution Protection is only active if TDS3 is showing it's GUI or is iconised in the systray.

In other words if one does not catch it the other will - TDS3, NOD32 work well together. :)

HTH Pilli

3. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Hi Jado54 :).

When running a scan with TDS-3 it is best to disable any other real-time monitors so as to avoid conflicts. With your setup I would disable NOD32 and Ewido.

Regards,
    Jade.

EDIT: Pilli beat me to it, and with a more comprehensive answer :D.

4. Jado54

Jado54 Registered Member

Thank you for the information. I do keep TDS running in the sys tray and I am off to run it in safe mode because I am paranoid like that. :D

Best wishes.

5. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Sorry but I would like to clarify as the posts are a bit contradictory ;)
    Is it best only to scan in safe mode or does it not really matter? I may run my scans just because I am paranoid but not because I necessarily suspect already anything. If I can do that without deactivating other programs knowing it will not create conflicts, I would prefer to do it that way. o_O

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Running TDS3 in safe mode can allow it to remove malware that may have been running in normal mode. This is the same for many types of scanners as quite often the scanner cannot disable the process to remove it or else needs to reboot your machine to complete the task.
    Also if you have a resident Anti-vitus scanner it may jump in as TDS opens the file and this too could stop TDS from being able to remove it.
    You can, of course, use TDS3 in normal user mode for scanning files etc. and any malware found will be reported.
    Running Execution Protection will stop any identified malware from running.

HTH Pilli

7. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.