Starting Acronis Loader...

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Norman Hoani, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norman Hoani

Norman Hoani Registered Member

URGENT ATTENTION!!

My son used a program called Acronis Director(Demo/Trial) and has some how created a system lock/down on my laptop.

Here is what happens when i restart windows:

Press ESC for menu...
    Unable to execute program.
    Press ENTER to proceed....

I have tried the ENTER & ESC key to run program, yet to no avail...

PLEASE HELP, my career is on the line(I need Access to my files)

These are my specs:

WinXP Pro SP2 5.1,build 2600

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Norman,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

To solve the issue please fix MBR either using Windows Installation CD or one of the methods proposed in Acronis Help Post. If you describe what exactly was done before the problem appeared we may try to find out the reason for the issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Norman Hoani

Norman Hoani Registered Member

Hello Ilya Toytman, i have jus found out that my son d/l the file "Acronis Director Suite" (Not a CD), and my laptop came pre-configured hmm most Windows does ,doesnt it?...hmm never mind, anyway my laptop didnt come with an OEM thingy i think thats what theyre called a Pre-Installed Software or the supplied version BOxed Software....like my son reckon's CD ina BOX.
    That's about it, any other idea's?

Cause that other stuff at the Help Post is kinda scary and long, may lose my job tonight, so if theres any fast way of doing this problem:

Press ESC for menu...
    Unable to execute program. Press ENTER to proceed...

Please :'(

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Norman,

If you haven't got Windows Installation CD you may use one of the ways described in Acronis Help Post to fix MBR. You will need some computer with bootable Windows on it to make either the floppy or CD described there. Please note that to make a CD you will also need a CD burning drive and software.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.