Start up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bulovap, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulovap

Bulovap Registered Member

Every now and then I check to see what programs start up when I start my computer ,I do this by going msconfig/startup.
    I see two instances of TI one is TrueImageMonitor.exe and the other is TimouterMonitor.exe .
    Do I need either of these starting up?
    Thanks.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Timeouter is the program that manages the mounting of your backups. This can be disabled, but you won't be able to mount the backups if you wish.

TI monitor is part of the scheduling process - I believe, I might be wrong on this one.

You won't save any system resources by disabling or setting to manual. They only appear in task manager as sleeping processes - in fact the entries are a pointer to a memory location. They use no resources until called.

Look at the CPU usage time for these two entries with out TI itself running - you'll see the process uses nil resources.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bulovap,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Along with bodgy's explanation I would recommend that you have a look at these previous threads: Registry, Startup, how to turn off?, Trueimagemonitor.exe and timountermonitor.exe?? explaining what schedul2.exe, schedhlp.exe, TrueImageMonitor.exe and TimounterMonitor.exe processes are and why it is not recommended to disable them. You may also find this thread interesting.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.