Start-Up Scan; How to cancel

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tjg79, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjg79

tjg79 Registered Member

I'm running ESET SS6 on a Win XP Pentium III notebook pc with 500MB memory. This is an old computer and the system resources are taxed to the limit. The ESET SS6 start-up scan will start and cause the system to behave very slow. Occasionally, I want to stop the scan so I can do something else at the moment, but I don't see where I can cancel a scan that has started. Is there a way to cancel a start-up scan? Thanks for your assistance.

Regards

2. go to Tools > Scheduler, and disable the "automatic Startup file check" entries.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Not recommended:
    See: How do I temporarily disable the startup scan

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Change your start-up scan to a lower priority so that the scan is run when idle. This is not a default setting but is the lowest setting recommended without disabling the start-up scan.

5. tjg79

tjg79 Registered Member

Thank you for the responses.

What I'm looking for is a way to stop or halt a start-up scan once it has started. I don't want to disable the feature. I just want to be able to stop it if it is causes some other momentary issue. I don't see a way to stop a start-up scan like you can stop the other type scans.

If this feature is not available, it would be helpful if Eset would add it to future releases.

Regards

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

You can't stop it once it have started. But normally a startup scan should only take between 5-10 Seconds, so just wait until it's done that's what I do. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.