start spywareblaster on startup?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by kozzman, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kozzman

kozzman Guest

do you have to open the main application every time you start windows and then press 'x' in the top right corner to let it run in the background or does it load itself up automatically on every boot up?

sorry but im new to this app

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Spyware doesn't run at all unless you are updating. When you installed and set it up it installed killbits in the registry to prevent the installation of activex controls. So it does not have to run except to update. I hope this was helpful

bigc

3. kozzman

kozzman Guest

yeah i understand now, thanks dude.

4. majorap

majorap Registered Member

bigc73542 --

can you kindly explain this a bit farther; I've been wondering about this since I first installed the SW. I was puzzled as there were no extra processes running. I haven't seen much on this topic in all the forums.

Please elaborate to settle my curiosity.

Thanks in advance

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'm not positive what explanation you are asking about....but I'll take a stab.

If your asking how it can do it's work without a process running....it can best be described as merging a .reg file into the registry in the appropriate Internet Explorer default location for the Spywareblaster Protection you are speaking of....ActiveX, Restricted Sites or Cookie protection.

For example....if you have ever added a site to Internet Explorers Trusted or Restricted Zone....it merges that entry into the below registry key. Once that entry is added....your done.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

In respects to Spywareblaster....if you select it's Restricted Sites protection....it merges a long list of sites to IE's Restricted Zone via that same above registry key. Once those entries are added....your done.

ActiveX and Cookie protection are the same....you are merging a long list of bad ActiveX CLSIDS or Cookie URL's to IE's respective registry key for that function.

If you are asking about ActiveX killbits....Please follow the below link for an explanation.

This link---> How to Stop an ActiveX Control from Running in Internet Explorer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.