Start menu glitch concerning the My Documents folder + other things.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Comp01, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I have both TweakUI and X-Setup Pro (Last freeware version) however I never disabled the My Documents entry in the start menu, but it is no longer there, and both TweakUI and X-Setup say its enabled, I have searched google and everywhere else to find the cause and to no avail I cannot find any way to fix it. Also I have Effective Desktop installed, and changed the default banner just to test it out, and after I removed it the Windows banner on the start menu is now just black, the Explorer.exe file has not changed, I have shut down Effective desktop, uninstalled it, reinstalled it and changed everything I know and still cannot get it to go back to default. If anyone can provide any help on this situation it'd be appreciated.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Did you try right clicking on the start button, properties, customize, advanced?

3. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Ah, sorry, I forgot to specify that I am running Windows 2000, so no easy customize options for the start menu. :doubt:

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Try this:

Start | Run | "regedit"

Browse to this key:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
    Explorer]
    And this key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
    Explorer]
    Look for this: NoSMMyDocs
    See these values: (0 = disable restriction, 1 = enable restriction)

This works for 2000/XP

Let me know if this works :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.