Standard versus Administrator

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by heathenwise, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heathenwise

heathenwise Registered Member

I would appreciate clarification about the Standard versus Administrator versions of NOD32.

I have ended up, through no particular design or desire, the de facto administrator of a small home Windows XP network of three PC computers. I'm trying to strengthen our defenses and have recently decided to switch to NOD32. However, I'm not sure whether to purchase the standard or the administrator version.

The following is the only information I could find on the web site.

"Standard versus Administrator version: the Administrator version has additional functionalities. It is meant to be used in the LAN / WAN environment as it supports creation of copies of the update files so called "mirror". The Administrator version requires a purchase of a Corporate / Multiuser license."

I am wary of the administrator version as I don't want to get in any more over my head than I already am. I've found that "additional functionalities" occasionally translates to a more confusing interface and features beyond my needs.

In simplest form, does the Administrator version provide more protection to my small home network? Also, is the Administrator interface significantly different and/or more complex than the standard interface?

Thanks for your help.

heathenwise (aka confused in florida o_O)

P. S. The difference in price between three individual licenses and the administrator license is not a significant factor in my decision.

2. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

No. ;)

No. ;)

My .02: For the network you describe, I would purchase a simple 3 user license for the "regular" or workstation version. You will not receive any added protection with the Admin version, and it's really overkill for your needs, IMO.

Best of luck, and enjoy NOD32! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.