Staggering ESET Scheduled Scans

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Will_3rd, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will_3rd

Will_3rd Registered Member

Hi all

We currently migrating a lot of our servers to hosts running ESXi and the performance hit of running multiple scans at the same is causing problems.

Do any of you know how to stagger scheduled ESET scans? Either using the Policy Manager in ERAC or creating scheduled scan task using Windows Task Scheduler (which has a random offset function)?

I have spoken to UK Support and they could not offer me much help apart from using groups and applying policies to them. But there must something less admin heavy?

This would be for use with the ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server product.

Thanks in advance,

Will

2. P_R_

P_R_ Eset Staff Account

Hello Will,

you could use "Delay spread of each scheduled task's start (in minutes)" in scheduler of ESET Endpoint Security / ESET Endpoint Antivirus via Configuration editor to balance load and prevent AV storms.

Regards,

3. Will_3rd

Hi P_R_

I know about that option but there is not a similar policy setting for the File Security Server product in the Scheduler. It is not listed as an option so cannot be applied, do you know if this being added to future versions of ESET File Security for MS Windows Server? Or to future versions of ERAC?

This is of big importance with server consolidation through virtualisation, I do not want ESET to miss the boat on this one!!!

4. Will_3rd

Could this thread be moved to 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' please to get more input into this issue.

Thanks,

Will_3rd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.