StageManager folder in %AppData%\Roaming\ What is this?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LKAk3lakSDKA, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LKAk3lakSDKA

LKAk3lakSDKA Registered Member

Folder name:StageManager.BD092818F67280F4B42B04877600987F0111B594.1
    It contains a folder called Local Store

Does anyone know what this is related to?

I've looked into it and found nothing helpful except that a company named VMLogix makes a product called this, and Adobe has a StageManager feature, would these be related to it? I've seen this in many other peoples HJT logs and don't know what it is. >_>

If this is the wrong forum, sorry in advance.

2. moontan

moontan Registered Member

VMware Stage Manager maybe

3. Askolog93141

Askolog93141 Registered Member

OP here, for some reason I can't log back in.
    Anyway, I don't have VMware installed, though I plan on installing it (Off Topic, is the integration with IDE's worth it in the Workstation version, with Eclipse and Visual Studio?).

4. stackz

stackz Registered Member

I think it's related to Adobe, possibly some sort of media manager. Have you got any Adobe software installed, excluding Flash, Reader, ARM ?

5. Askolog9314

Askolog9314 Registered Member

Can't log into my old account again >_> No big deal.

Anyway, yes I do use some other Adobe products for professional use.

6. askolog931

askolog931 Registered Member

So is it related to Adobe? Or is it worthy of suspecting as malicious? If anyone knows anything about it that would be excellent. I can't find anything else on the topic.

7. stackz

stackz Registered Member

You could look in your %AppData%\Roaming\ directory for any Adobe directories and check the last modifed file timestamps for a match with files in your StageManager.BD092818F67280F4B42B04877600987F0111B594.1 directory.

Running something like Old Timer's OTL.exe, or any other application that gives a listing of files created/modified in the last 'x' days would make this process easier. HTH

8. askolog9312

askolog9312 Registered Member

So, after taking your advice I looked into it and it seems that multiple other files in (or affiliated with) Adobe folders were modified around this time, including a few folders that were modified seconds later. I assume this would likely point out that this folder is used as a temporary folder for the Adobe Updater possibly?

I'm sorry once again for the account problems. I don't know why it's happening. Thank you for your support this far.

9. askolog931

askolog931 Registered Member

I can't even contact adobe support, they require you to pay for any form of support...

Does anyone else have any idea what this is? My post above hints that it could likely be related to an Adobe Update but am not sure. >_>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.