SSM - Update Question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by xeda, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xeda

xeda Registered Member

Hi,

I'm currently using the free version of SSM (build 577).

Today I noticed that when I try to use the update function from within SSM, neither my firewall nor TdiMon capture/notify me of any outgoing connection attempts.

Is this due to the fact that the update function is disabled in the free version, therefore no outgoing connections are made? o_O

I would have thought that at least some kind of query/event would have been initiated.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. dylanfan

dylanfan Registered Member

Hi...Good question.

Can't answer it since I ain't home right now, I'll try later and report here. One may also try and update the pro version (trial period) and see if the firewall now says something. That would answer the question I guess.

Cheers

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi xeda,
    I have not seen any reports to say that this feature is broken or faulty in the free version. You may want to drop by the System Safety forums and make a post there. You could also register, then you would be informed by e-mail of any update release.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It,s working here with latest version. U should check ur firewall settings, may be u have allowed it already. The update reply is a bit lazy though, comes after a delay and I found it sometimes keep on popping( once started) even from disconnection from internet.

5. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Maybe you are using software that acts as a proxy such as admuncher?.In that case apps may be allowed to connect through the proxy without any notification.
    ellison

6. xeda

xeda Registered Member

Before I started the test I made sure that nothing was allowed, and with all prompts turned on. I even temporarily reset all of my rules so that any kind of activity would alert me. TDImon didn't even log anything. o_O

I'm not using any kind software that does that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.