SSM Service Guard

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by WilliamP, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I'm running SSM and now would like to ask a couple of questions. I have Windows XP and would like to know if Service Guard can be and/or should be run? Also I haven't set up the registry watch. Service Guard isn't needed for Registry watching ,is it? Thank you.

2. WilliamP

Root, help me please.

3. root

root Registered Member

Hi. I ran service guard for a while, but the last time I installed SSM, I forgot to run it. I'm not sure it's all that necessary, and it is not needed for registry watch.
    My suggestion is to run all the plugins and see if you have any problems. I seem to be doing ok with all of them enabled right now.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

4. WilliamP

No problem . I am a little leary right now about tring anything new. About a month ago I down loaded an update to NOD32 that tore my computer up. This morning I reloaded windows xp. Still can my router to connect. I may give it a try latter. What actually does it do?

5. root

root Registered Member

As best as I can tell it just watches the services that start on bootup and informs you if one of them get terminated.
    There are several services in the NT type OSs that start and run in the background that you aren't even aware of unless you check the running processes.
    Some programs like KAV or Diskeeper run as a service at startup also, so some people might like to monitor all these services against termination.

6. WilliamP

Thank you for your help.

7. root

root Registered Member

Anytime. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.