SSM Paid a firewall?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by rollers, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Hi all,
    I am currently trialling the SSM paid. I see that it monitors network activity. Do you still need a firewall installed with this? I am currently using Looknstop and am also behind a router with firewall.

Looking forward to hearing your views. Seems a good program at the mo but still in learning mode.

Rollers

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

3. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

4. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Yes, found it a little noisey and a bit hard to understand. I have changed over to KAV with its proactive defense. I will play with that for a while on the trial and see how it goes. I was looking for a nice easy balance of good security and layered defense without going over the top. I use my computer for general stuff and for playing BF2, so I don't want to put too much on that will slow down the machine.........kinda makes having a good computer worthless if you bog it down with too much security. KAV seems a good balance so far, time will tell.

Thanks for your replies guys.

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

If you run ssm in learning mode for a sufficient time for it to learn most of your system then its pretty quiet.

6. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Hi rollers

I have BOTH employed but KIS6 On-Demand except when testing, then both are indeed running without any noticable impact on resources or cause for conflicts. That is without games which i don't bother with it anyway.

You could go with KIS6 and the ProActive shielding and should run light enough for satisfaction with other heavier programs but i wouldn't stake a claim that it would be perfect, only useful and stable enough to supply the needs for online protection without noticably slowing things down on you.

SSM is only as noisy as you make it to be in all reality. After you settle in with it say for a week or so, others only days, sharper pencils in just hours, it's normally quiet enough while monitoring all it's designed to watch over. Really great app in my book, remains perhaps the singlemost HIP ever conceived IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.