SSM help

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by iceni60, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, i have System Safety Monitor. i think i need to uninstall it, then install the latest version, as the one i have now will expire. but, when i open it up, and go to information, it says "ATTENTION: This version will expire in March, 2005!" so it looks like it has updated it's self without letting me know o_O is that the way it normally works?

also, if i look at the icon, in my systray, there's something new displayed there, can you tell me what it means? thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. root

root Registered Member

Max will help you here. ;)

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Would you mind describing or pointing out which icon your asking about Please.

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks Root and Bubba :) i'll take alook in the SSM forum. and i didnt explain the icon problem very well, it's the SSM icon that had changed. it's OK now, the picture below shows the icon i asked about on the left and the normal one on the right (how it looks now again)

Attached Files:

5. dog

dog Guest

Hi Ice, ;)

Sorry I missed this thread. ;) I found it this morning digging thru the forums ...

I believe the up arrow indicates that the SSM driver isn't loaded, mouse over the icon in the tool tray to double check, there should be a tooltip to indicated the issue. I hope you've already found the answer, but If you still haven't, now you have one. ;)

BTW - If you're using Process Guard (Full Version), you have to allow SSM to install drivers/services.

HTH, ;)

Steve

6. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

The expiration warning is given because SSM has a time-out function - the author does plan to make it shareware at some point in the future (though a cut-down free version should still be available). Further warnings will be given closer to the time so users can upgrade before expiration.

Dog's explanation is correct, the system tray icon exclamation mark indicates that SSM was not able to load its driver - it needs to do this to offer kernel mode protection so giving SSM the Install Driver privilege in Process Guard is recommended.

7. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks for the help, Dog and P2K :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.