SSM basic settings ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I find the SSM help section pretty long and somewhat confusing. Would someone post some basic settings to be sure and have in place to get pretty good protection without having to spend hours going over the program?

Thanks.

2. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by huntnyc
    Downloaded and installed, enabled all modules, set for auto startup and placed in learning mode. Should I place SSM in learning mode or leave that unchecked? Thanks.

Gary

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No two boxes are the same so there is no "one way" or "basic rule-set" for SSM.

There are several ways to accomplish a "tight" rule set in SSM. Learning Mode alone is not one of them. You can run in Learning Mode w/ Paranoid setting enabled:
    Options > Applications > Program Behaviour > (Check) Block Everything

Make sure that UI "is" connected at start-up & Re-Boot a few times.

Another (more time consuming) way would be to not use learning mode and answer prompts. If this gets tiring, turn off SSM and resume when you have the time and patience. This could be done in your spare time.

I still use Learning Mode upon initial installation of SSM and Re-Boot. Just to insure that the box will start up.

You could also use Process Explorer or Whats Running to configure Parent / Child associations.

...screamer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.