SSM and Firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gretes557, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gretes557

gretes557 Guest

Since I installed the new firefox 1.06, SSM warn me each time I run Firefox (firefox.exe) that the file had changed even if I click on "always authorized",
    the upper one choice (sorry my SSM is in french so I don't remember exactly the name of that option in english).

Why ?
    Thanks !

2. LostStar

LostStar Guest

Hi.... I just instaled FFox 1.06 in a different folder than previous versions. The bookmarks and parameters got imported automatically anyway. SSM asks me when I launch 1.06, with no problem at all...

You may perhaps try the following: save your FFox parameters or/and bookmarks, delete your Ffox folder, and finally reinstall FFox 1.06 in a brand new folder. Then reinject the saved parameters...

Hope that may help.

Which Firewall do you couple with SSM? I personally switch from Outpost to WFirewall, back and forth, depending upon what I feel like that day ;)

Cheers

3. LostStar

LostStar Guest

BTW, I deactivate SSM (right click on the task bar) before deleting/uninstalling any program, and also before I install any new one. Then I restart it.

Cheers

4. gretes557

gretes557 Guest

Thanks LostStar

I run Zone Alarm 2.6, no problem with SSM 1.93b2 (set to apps checking only) I'm on Windows 98SE
    Old settings but how fast it is !!! Less secure I know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.