ssl traffic is blocked on LAN

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jerryiopp, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerryiopp

    jerryiopp Registered Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2011
    Posts:
    1
    Hi,

    A laptop currently installed with ESET smart security v4 can't access ssl websites when connected on LAN but when external the user can connect OK.
    All the http traffic is fine when on LAN and external.

    This problem is specific to this laptop where else other laptop users with the same OS and ESET works fine.

    I did try this but same result - can't access ssl. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=295396

    Could someone help diagnose this issue? Thanks :)
     
  2. tommy456

    tommy456 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2011
    Posts:
    137
    I have had months of trouble free browsing ect with ssl protection enabled, the only issue before yesterday was with firefox not being able to update ,i ended up un checking it as a browser, now all of a sudden with ssl filtering enabled any web page that uses ssl is blocked as is access to my e-mail server which is set to communicate using ssl, seems to me it could be a corrupt update, as i have not changed anything on my system recently
    so i would like a solution also
     
  3. Marcos

    Marcos Eset Staff Account

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2002
    Posts:
    14,374
    Does disabling firewall or http / ssl checking temporarily make a difference? What OS and browser do you use?
     
  4. tommy456

    tommy456 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2011
    Posts:
    137
    Well i did some more testing and seem to of found the cause,after restarting the pc the ssl worked on IE7 and outlook express, but when i opened firefox esset displayed a error box or windows did it said

    And then the GUI displayed that there was an issue,and on going into the menu i found that the ssl checking had been disabled (was grayed out) was not able to re-enable it, but a recent addon that i had installed in firefox was the cause,i only found it by process of elimination ,upon disabling it and after another reboot , all works fine, the addon was from filesonic.com, & as i don't really need it i am not bothered about it conflicting with esset even thought it shouldn't do,
    BTW i do not use any proxy servers
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.