SS4, Windows 7 with Realtek Teaming

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dipstik810, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dipstik810

dipstik810 Registered Member

I have a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with just chipset drivers, lan drivers and video drivers running. I tried installing SS4 but my system would BSOD with an error showing RTTEAM60.sys. Come to find out that this file is used when the Realtek diagnostic utility is running and you are doing a Link Aggregation with 2 nics. Once I come back online, all my nics are gone! I have to force a re-installing of SS4 with a ton of errors just to remove it from Add and Remove Programs. Then I reboot and my NIC's are back!

Once I unistalled the utility, I installed SS4 just fine. Is there any support for Windows 7 64bit and teaming? I used the same setup on Windows XP Pro 32bit and I know the two OS's aren't close in comparison but it seems that the built in firewall from SS4 is the cause. That is what crashes once I force a re-installation.

Thanks,

Kevin

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Just to verify, you are running ESET Smart Security v4.0.474.0, correct?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. dipstik810

dipstik810 Registered Member

That is correct. I can install SS4 with the latest version with either NIC plugged in, but it sure does not like the teaming application. Here is some more information regarding my setup:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Gigabyte x48 DS4
    Intel E8500
    4 x 1G DDR2-1066
    2 x WD Raptor 74G Raid-0
    1 x WD500
    2 x Onboard Realtek GBE Nics
    Driver Provider: Realtek
    Drive Date: 8/20/2009
    Driver Version: 7.6.820.2009
    Rt64win7.sys

I will work with engineers or developers to get this fixed because I really depend on the teaming feature for the bandwidth on my network. Is there anything I can do to help? Log files? Ill re-install the software with teaming so it will crash just to get logs! There is one thing I did not try and that was to install the teaming application after ESET SS4 was installed successful with one NIC. I will try that today and update this post.

Thanks,

Kevin

4. agoretsky

Hello,

Thank you. The issue has been reported to ESET's developers.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. agoretsky

Hello,

Can you please confirm whether this issue still occurs or has been solved with ESET Smart Security v5?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.