SQL Server Imaging

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Psraj, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psraj

Psraj Guest

Hi all,
    I am using Acronis Truimage 8 Build 774. I need to create the image of only the C: drive and System files. Not the SQL data itslef. I was told that I need to momentarily stop the SQL services before starting the imaging, once the imaging starts, the SQL services can be restarted. Is that true? Do I need to stop the SQL services before imaging ?

Thanks for any inputs

Regards,
    Raj

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Raj,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We also recommend you to update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 889 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

Although Acronis True Image 8.0 takes care of hard disk and filesystem-level consistency via snapshot technology, it does not guarantee application-level consistency. We recommend you to suspend complex servers such as Microsoft SQL, Oracle or Microsoft Exchange before pressing the Proceed button on the last page of the Acronis True Image 8.0 application wizard. Once the imaging process starts, you can resume server operations. It is not necessary to suspend the applications for the duration of the imaging process.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.