SQL and Exchange

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by toolman02, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toolman02

toolman02 Registered Member

I read through the FAQ. I would like to use TI8 to image my servers on a weekly basis, and I realize that I need to shut down SQL and Exchange services before starting the image. So it would seem that I should use the Management Console, make a new Group Task and have it run weekly. However, it doesn't run batch files before starting like the Enterprise edition (via Tools / Options / Database support), and of course you can't schedule images using the Enterprise Edition.

Is there no way to schedule a job weekly that will launch a batch file to shut down services for me before starting the image? Unless there a way I'm not seeing I am forced to use Windows' builtin Task Scheduler.

As a side note, why are only computers in the immediate subnet listed in the Management Console? I created a group task containing servers in a different subnet on the same domain, but everytime I launch the console those other servers aren't listed. Do I have to manually connect to them every time?

Thanks for any help,
    Tim

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello toolman02,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

You can schedule a task for the workgroup which will launch the special batch file on each remote PC before starting the backup process in the following way:

- Run Acronis Management Console;
    - Connect to the remote machine;
    - Click on the Remote Computer Options icon in order to enable database support;
    - Enable database support in the way described above for each machine you want to schedule a group task for;
    - Create a group task for the weekly image creation.

What concerns your second question, I think this issue requires deeper investigation.

Please find the full version name and build number as it is shown at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/

Please also make a screen shot of the Acronis Management Console window which does not show those computers and a screen shot of the Computers Near Me window showing them properly.

Send this information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. toolman02

toolman02 Registered Member

Thank you for the quick reply. I found where the option is to run a batch file both pre-image and post-image from your directions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.