SpywareTerminator version 899 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Tarq57, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

New version 1.7.0.899 recently released. Indications from the forum very promising that the bugs some users were experiencing have been resolved.
    http://www.spywareterminator.com/

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Works very well here... :)

3. [DSLR]poppster

[DSLR]poppster Registered Member

I used spywareterminator in the past and liked it real well, I might have to give it a try again.

Thanks for the update.

4. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Running very well here, all systems go!

5. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Works good,scans are very fast.

6. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Ditto...going from strength to strength (they are claiming to have reached the 2 millionth download and I can well believe it).:D

7. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Just wanted to ad that IMHO, this is Crawler's best release to date. Nice work. :thumb:

8. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Actually it's the two millionth (+) installation.:D

9. KDNeese

KDNeese Registered Member

Perhaps it's just my particular system, but this newest version was somewhat problematic. There was an error message in reference to a driver error upon installation (version 899 was supposed to have fixed that particular bug), and there also seemed to be a memory leak issue, as the memory usage kept growing until I finally had to shut ST down and uninstalled it. I hated to do that as I have been using ST for awhile (due to having the same resource usage problem with CounterSpy, which I quit using and replaced with ST) and really liked the program. Most likely I will wait awhile, keep abreast of the forums and any related ST issues, and download it again in the future. For now, it's a no-go for me. I would go back to the previous version, but it keeps updating to the new version in spite of my checking the option to update the signature files only.

10. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

If you turn the autoupdate off in the version you want to use, and then tick that "update database only" box when doing a manual update, it should be ok. Did you install over the top, or carry out a full uninstall first. I have usually done the latter, (I know, shouldn't need to..) and had no real problems.

11. Arup

Arup Guest

Real time protection makes my dual Xeon Win2K Pro SP4 crawl, already posted at their forum, others too with similar configuration having same problems, lets see if they can fix it soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.